Congratulations to ALL our runners and families that came out on a cold, rainy night! We also want to thank the many many volunteers that help us keep all the kids safe and enjoy their race experience…we could not do it with out you! Here are students who took home 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prizes… Isla Rose 1st, Emmie Sinabarger 2nd, Zander Kniceley 1st, Jace Condon 3rd, Vivia Moylan 1st, Ty Dunbar 2nd, Brooklyn Smies 1st, Faith VandeGuchte 2nd, Matthew Matwiejczyk 2nd!!!!
SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
The Turkey Trot Race is being moved to October 29. 2109. We had originally planned for October 22, but due to some scheduling conflicts, it is now being moved to October 29. More information will be coming home soon.
Also if you would like to be a Turkey Trot Sponsor, please contact Mrs. Nienhuis or Mrs. VanKoevering to find out more details before Oct. 3, 2019. You can call or email us.
616-797-9797 ext. 7406
It was a great night for the Turkey Trot…no rain!!!!! Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy and our GT kids who placed.
K – Zander Kniceley 1st, Vivia Moylan 1st
1st grade – Mason Smith 3rd, Livia Mundy 3rd
2nd grade – Ty Dunbar 3rd, Brooklyn Smies 1st
3rd grade – Rogen Rose 2nd, Faith VandeGuchte 2nd
4th grade – Carter Beckham 1st, Alex Armstrong 2nd, Nolan Grey 3rd and Teegan Moylan 1st
5th grade – Hunter Rose 3rd, Lauren Moylan 1st, Maggie Szlachcic 3rd
Congratulations to ALL our runners 🙂
We are now offering online registration for the Turkey Trot through the community education website! This method of registration streamlines the process for you. You will receive immediate confirmation that your payment was received and your child is ready for the race! It also helps us out immensely by cutting down on having to collect checks and cash.
Turkey Trot details:
When: Tuesday, October 23
Where: Baldwin Street Middle School – Eagle Stadium
Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM, Gates open at 4:30 PM
Entry fee: $6.00 (includes a Turkey Trot shirt)
Deadline for entry: October 3, 2018
If online registration is not for you, no worries, you may still send the registration form with payment to your child’s school.
If you have ever signed your child up for a community ed. activity, you already have an account. If not, one can easily be created.
A copy of the registration form has also been attached to this email for your convenience.
Please look for race information about the Turkey Trot Race. The paper is Blue and will be coming home this week with your kiddos. All registration forms are DUE BY OCTOBER 5!
You can also click on the link below to see the form!
Just wanted to let you all know that we had some students from Georgetown that placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at the Turkey Trot!! Here is the list:
K – Brooklyn Smies
2nd gr. – Alex Armstrong, Carter Beckham, Elise Matwiejczyk
3rd gr. – Hunter Rose
4th gr. – Cadence Williams, Cole Williams, Lexi Armstrong
5th gr. – Kendall Aikens
Middle/High School – Riley Vansprange
Way to go!!!!!!
What a GREAT night for the Turkey Trot!!!! The weather was beautiful and we had over 1000 students there with their families running the race. Thank you SO much to ALL our volunteers and sponsors! What a great way for the community to all come together and support our kids 🙂 Here are a few pictures :