The students are SO excited to be playing 9 Square in the Air again and learning Pickle Ball rules!!! Here are a few pictures 🙂
Georgetown families, we can not thank you enough for all the donations to the American Heart Association!! We raised just over $12,300.00 WOW! We wanted to let you know that the larger thank you gifts (like the yo yo, t-shirt, and play ground ball etc.) will come in after Spring Break. Here are a few pictures of our event in PE.
The annual P.E. C.A.R.E.S food drive will be starting on November 4. We are asking for your help by bringing in non-perishable food items for Love Inc. in Hudsonville.
Food items to consider are canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, rice, baked beans, black beans, kidney beans, peanut butter, tuna fish, etc. (please no ramen noodles, and please do not break apart packaged food)
The food drive will continue until Nov. 18. We will be keeping track of how many items each class brings in. The class with the most items brought in by NOON on Nov. 18 will win a P.E. C.A.R.E.S t-shirt and a bowling trip to Hudsonville Lane. (If allowed this year)
This is a great opportunity for our students to care for their community, to teach our kids compassion and love for others. Thanks for sharing in this service project with us at Georgetown.
We are so excited to get back to school.
We know things will be different, but we are so happy to get back to school and see all of you. We just wanted to remind you to have tennis shoes to wear to P.E. Our plan is to start in the gym and then we will be heading outside to move and do different activities. We still need you to wear tennis shoes. You do not need new shoes, just clean shoes!
See you soon!
Mrs. Nienhuis and Mrs. VanKoevering
Hello everyone, we hope you are all doing well. We would like to encourage you all to get up and move throughout the day. Do something physical every day! The American Heart Association sent us some cool ideas and we are passing them on to you. Check these out to get some fun ideas of what you can do at home!
1. Dance It Out! Follow along with this video and learn the KHC Dance! https://www.youtube.com/watch?
3. Drop Everything and Move: March DEAM Calendar
Have fun and stay safe!
|The Kids Heart Challenge is in full swing! We hope you’re having a ball and feel as rewarded as we do helping fight heart disease and stroke. Keep up the great work, you’re making a HUGE difference!
Remember, more than 50% of kids are not getting the physical activity they need to be healthy. You’re helping to change that. We have a special incentive at our school. If we can get 50% of our students registered and taking the healthy challenges, we will receive an additional $500 to purchase new PE equipment. Help us reach our goal! Get your student registered for Kids Heart Challenge today!
Information about Kids Heart Challenge will be coming home with students today. Please note that this fundraiser is for the American Heart Association, it does also helps us get P.E. Equipment for GT. The Kids Heart Challenge Fundraiser is done ONLINE (see link below) and will be open from February 6 until February 28.
When your child joins Kids Heart Challenge (formerly Jump Rope for Heart) they will hear from kids with special hearts and raise funds to help those born with heart defects. Students learn about taking care of their own heart through fun challenges and activities for physical, social and emotional health.
Get online and register your student today:
Please note that thank-you prizes earned by students will be handed out when they come to P.E. class. Some prizes need to be ordered when the fundraiser is over and will be delivered sometime in March. Any money donated after Feb. 28 will not earn prizes.
SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.