So excited to have ALL of our 5th graders in the gym to cheer on the winning teams that played against the GT teachers/staff. We (the teachers/staff) are still undefeated with a score of 6 to 1!!!!! We appreciate all the stiffness and sore muscles the adults go through to get this done. It is definitely a highlight for all of us every year 🙂
Information about Kids Heart Challenge will be coming home with students today. Please note that this fundraiser is for the American Heart Association, it does also helps us get P.E. Equipment for GT. The Kids Heart Challenge Fundraiser is done ONLINE (see link below) and will be open from February 6 until February 28.
When your child joins Kids Heart Challenge (formerly Jump Rope for Heart) they will hear from kids with special hearts and raise funds to help those born with heart defects. Students learn about taking care of their own heart through fun challenges and activities for physical, social and emotional health.
Get online and register your student today:
Please note that thank-you prizes earned by students will be handed out when they come to P.E. class. Some prizes need to be ordered when the fundraiser is over and will be delivered sometime in March. Any money donated after Feb. 28 will not earn prizes.
SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
Go to the link above. Move to the lower part of the page and click on ‘Turkey Trot’.
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
The Turkey Trot Race is being moved to October 29. 2109. We had originally planned for October 22, but due to some scheduling conflicts, it is now being moved to October 29. More information will be coming home soon.
Also if you would like to be a Turkey Trot Sponsor, please contact Mrs. Nienhuis or Mrs. VanKoevering to find out more details before Oct. 3, 2019. You can call or email us.
616-797-9797 ext. 7406
Yay….our Hudsonville Running Club trained so hard and ran a beautiful race last Sat!!!! 21 degrees but the sun was out, thank goodness! Carter Beckham took first place for his age group with a time of 20:42, wow!!! Great job to all our runners! Here are some pics…
The deadline to register and donate money to American Heart Association is March 15.
Here is the link for the Georgetown Schools’ Home Page.
We are working our way through Kids Heart Challenge with each class that comes to gym. Our day is focused on jumping! We have different ways for the kids to jump and different “tools/ropes” for them to try. Jumping is great exercise for our hearts and the kids have learned that they need to eat healthy and exercise their hearts! There is still time to register and give to the American Heart Association. Just registering will help our school earn some PE equipment too!
So jump online, take the Challenge and be a Heart Hero!
Go to: http://www2.heart.org/goto/georgetownhudsonville
Thank you so much for supporting our school and the American Heart Association!
Mrs. Nienhuis & Mrs. VanKoevering
We had a great morning playing hockey against the 5th graders!!! They were VERY competitive but the Teachers still came up with a win and are undefeated 🙂 Here are some fun pictures and a video…