SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
Go to the link above. Move to the lower part of the page and click on ‘Turkey Trot’.
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
Yay….our Hudsonville Running Club trained so hard and ran a beautiful race last Sat!!!! 21 degrees but the sun was out, thank goodness! Carter Beckham took first place for his age group with a time of 20:42, wow!!! Great job to all our runners! Here are some pics…
We have started our bowling unit for K-5th grades. This unit is always a favorite for our students!! 3rd-5th learn their 3 step approach and how to keep score. K-2nd learn their 4 cue words and how to put their score in to the frames. After they complete the unit, Hudsonville Lanes gives them a coupon for 3 free games of bowling….SO exciting! Here are a few pictures…
Thank you so much for all the support we had for Kids Heart Challenge! We surpassed our goals of raising money for American Heart Association and getting half our school to register online. We raised $11,404.00 and our goal was $9,300.00. We had 311 students register and our goal was 283. That is amazing!!! So not only did we help out a great cause, we also earned some PE equipment for our school! Thanks for being willing to do it all online too, we can not begin to tell how much time that saved us.
We are still in the process of handing out thank you gifts, so hopefully by next week we will complete giving all the key chains and wristbands. Please note prizes like jump ropes, t-shirts and playground balls etc. will be ordered next week from American Heart Association and then they will send them to us, after spring break.
Thanks again, we appreciate it!
Mrs. Nienhuis and Mrs. VanKoevering
We want to give a shout out to one of our specialist teammates….Mrs. Totten!!! She is our Steam teacher at Georgetown and is receiving an award. Check out this link…
blog post with this link.
The deadline to register and donate money to American Heart Association is March 15.
Here is the link for the Georgetown Schools’ Home Page.
It is time for our annual PE Apparel sale. This year, the PE Apparel is available to order online! Please go to the link on the attached flyer or go directly to: bit.ly/2sr1x6M. Online orders will be available until the end of the day on February 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about your online order, please contact Rebecca Fabiano at 616-669-1740 Ext. 3.
If you would like to place an order using cash or check, please print the order form and send that in to your PE Teacher on or before February 1, 2019.
It’s that time of year again when we get to help other families in our Hudsonville area!!! We are asking all of our GT families to consider donating non-perishable food items and they will all be given to Love Inc. in Hudsonville. We start Friday Nov. 2 and we will collect until Friday Nov. 16 at noon 🙂 The class that brings in the most items will be given a thank you and traveling to the Hudsonville Bowling Lanes for a bowling party!!!! Thanks for your help.