Our annual P.E. C.A.R.E.S. Food Drive starts this Wed., November 1. The Food drive will continue until November 16. All the food collected will be given to Love Inc. in Hudsonville, which will help our local families. Thanks for your help and support in this community service project, and for taking this opportunity to teach our kids compassion and love for others.
The class that bring in the highest number of items will win a PE CARES t-shirt and a bowling field trip to Hudsonville Lanes.
Here is how many items GT families have brought in over the past years.
We want to say THANK-YOU, to our awesome Georgetown students for helping with our local food drive. We were able to collect 2,391 items for the Water of Life Community Church’s food pantry. The winning class was Mrs. Walenta’s 5th graders, they brought in a total of 179 items. They will get to go bowling and everyone will receive a P.E. C.A.R.E.S. t-shirt. Thanks again for your willingness to help other families in need.
From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL.
- The classroom’s goal is to raise $60 and bring in 60 non-perishable items.
- We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
- The canned goods will supply local families with much needed food. The money will purchase a rechargeable solar light for schools in Uganda.
- To find out more about this special project, please visit our GEORGETOWN BLOG. And…thank you for giving!
- In P.E., the class with the most items brought in will receive a free P.E. C.A.R.E.S. t-shirt and a field trip to Hudsonville Bowling Lanes.