We are in the middle of our Nutrition month and discussing the 5 food groups and what we need to do to keep our bodies healthy! We are also bringing in lots of food to help with PE CARES (collecting and regiving essential supplies). K classes continue to work on underhand throw. Here are a few pictures!
This week we started our annual PE CARES (Collecting and Regiving Essential Supplies) project. All students were asked to donate non-perishable food items to give to needy families in Hudsonville. We will keep collecting until Nov. 20. The class that brings in the most items will win a PE CARES t-shirt and get to have a bowling field trip to Hudsonville Lanes!!!! Thanks for all your help!!
From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL.
- The classroom’s goal is to raise $60 and bring in 60 non-perishable items.
- We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
- The canned goods will supply local families with much needed food. The money will purchase a rechargeable solar light for schools in Uganda.
- To find out more about this special project, please visit our GEORGETOWN BLOG. And…thank you for giving!
- In P.E., the class with the most items brought in will receive a free P.E. C.A.R.E.S. t-shirt and a field trip to Hudsonville Bowling Lanes.
January 12 was a GREAT afternoon. Mrs. Nienhuis and Mrs. Bouwens took her 5th grade class on a bowling field trip to Hudsonville Lanes. They received this fun afternoon because their class donated the most food items for our PE CARES food drive. Thanks for all your caring!! Check out the pictures 🙂 A huge thank you goes out to Hudsonville Lanes for letting us come and giving us T-shirts!!!!
Just before Christmas break on December 18th, the students from Miss. Burmeister’s 5th grade class went bowling for winning the P.E. C.A.R.E.S Food drive contest. We had a great time! A big thank-you to Hudsonville Lanes for supporting our P.E. C.A.R.E.S. Food drive, by letting us come bowl two games for free!!
Thanks to everyone who donated items for our annual P.E. C.A.R.E.S Food Drive. Georgetown Elementary gave 2612 items to the Water of Life Church. They were very thankful and very surprised at how much food we were able to give to them. Our class winner was 5th grade Burmeister with 416 items brought in. Each member from this class will receive a P.E. C.A.R.E.S. T-shirt and a trip to Hudsonville Bowling Lanes to bowl two free games. We would also like to thank Doug from Hudsonville Lanes for donating free bowling for ALL of our elementary buildings for the food drive.