About Mrs. Nienhuis

Hi!  My name is Taraynn Nienhuis and I teach physical education part time with Shelly VanKoevering.  I graduated from Grand Valley State University with my BA and Masters.   I have been teaching in the Hudsonville District for 22 years.  I feel truly blessed to be able to teach part time.   My husbands name is Dave and we have 3 children.  We live in Zeeland (go CHIX) and I grew up on a farm in Vriesland.  As a family we love to camp during the summer.  As parents we love to be involved with our childrens many sports activities.  It is extremely busy but worth every second!  The very rare times it is just me, I LOVE to scrapbook!  Also in 2010 for the first time ever, I ran the Chicago Marathon with Team World Vision.  What a GREAT experience!!  Being a P.E. teacher is a favorite thing in my life.  I have always enjoyed exercising so teaching physical education to elementary age students and having them learn to be more self confident is a joy that I get to experience.  Thanks for sharing your children with us!!