SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
Go to the link above. Move to the lower part of the page and click on ‘Turkey Trot’.
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
The Turkey Trot Race is being moved to October 29. 2109. We had originally planned for October 22, but due to some scheduling conflicts, it is now being moved to October 29. More information will be coming home soon.
Also if you would like to be a Turkey Trot Sponsor, please contact Mrs. Nienhuis or Mrs. VanKoevering to find out more details before Oct. 3, 2019. You can call or email us.
616-797-9797 ext. 7406
Yay….our Hudsonville Running Club trained so hard and ran a beautiful race last Sat!!!! 21 degrees but the sun was out, thank goodness! Carter Beckham took first place for his age group with a time of 20:42, wow!!! Great job to all our runners! Here are some pics…
The deadline to register and donate money to American Heart Association is March 15.
Here is the link for the Georgetown Schools’ Home Page.
We are working our way through Kids Heart Challenge with each class that comes to gym. Our day is focused on jumping! We have different ways for the kids to jump and different “tools/ropes” for them to try. Jumping is great exercise for our hearts and the kids have learned that they need to eat healthy and exercise their hearts! There is still time to register and give to the American Heart Association. Just registering will help our school earn some PE equipment too!
So jump online, take the Challenge and be a Heart Hero!
Go to: http://www2.heart.org/goto/georgetownhudsonville
Thank you so much for supporting our school and the American Heart Association!
Mrs. Nienhuis & Mrs. VanKoevering
We had a great morning playing hockey against the 5th graders!!! They were VERY competitive but the Teachers still came up with a win and are undefeated 🙂 Here are some fun pictures and a video…
It’s that time of year again when we get to help other families in our Hudsonville area!!! We are asking all of our GT families to consider donating non-perishable food items and they will all be given to Love Inc. in Hudsonville. We start Friday Nov. 2 and we will collect until Friday Nov. 16 at noon 🙂 The class that brings in the most items will be given a thank you and traveling to the Hudsonville Bowling Lanes for a bowling party!!!! Thanks for your help.
It was a great night for the Turkey Trot…no rain!!!!! Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy and our GT kids who placed.
K – Zander Kniceley 1st, Vivia Moylan 1st
1st grade – Mason Smith 3rd, Livia Mundy 3rd
2nd grade – Ty Dunbar 3rd, Brooklyn Smies 1st
3rd grade – Rogen Rose 2nd, Faith VandeGuchte 2nd
4th grade – Carter Beckham 1st, Alex Armstrong 2nd, Nolan Grey 3rd and Teegan Moylan 1st
5th grade – Hunter Rose 3rd, Lauren Moylan 1st, Maggie Szlachcic 3rd
Congratulations to ALL our runners 🙂