Congratulations to ALL our runners and families that came out on a cold, rainy night! We also want to thank the many many volunteers that help us keep all the kids safe and enjoy their race experience…we could not do it with out you! Here are students who took home 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prizes… Isla Rose 1st, Emmie Sinabarger 2nd, Zander Kniceley 1st, Jace Condon 3rd, Vivia Moylan 1st, Ty Dunbar 2nd, Brooklyn Smies 1st, Faith VandeGuchte 2nd, Matthew Matwiejczyk 2nd!!!!
SIGN UP ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2QvvmOW
- Race location: Eagle Stadium on the Baldwin MS Campus.
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for grades 6-12.
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd Less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5 Less than a mile. Grades 6-12 less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
The Turkey Trot Race is being moved to October 29. 2109. We had originally planned for October 22, but due to some scheduling conflicts, it is now being moved to October 29. More information will be coming home soon.
Also if you would like to be a Turkey Trot Sponsor, please contact Mrs. Nienhuis or Mrs. VanKoevering to find out more details before Oct. 3, 2019. You can call or email us.
616-797-9797 ext. 7406
Can you believe that summer has slipped away and we are getting super close to our first day of school?
Here is what you will need to “SOAR” into the school year!
Please bring a clean pair of tennis shoes to keep in your locker for the year, so you are prepared for P.E. We start P.E. the first day of school and need to have tennis shoes on to be safe and responsible!
We have started our bowling unit for K-5th grades. This unit is always a favorite for our students!! 3rd-5th learn their 3 step approach and how to keep score. K-2nd learn their 4 cue words and how to put their score in to the frames. After they complete the unit, Hudsonville Lanes gives them a coupon for 3 free games of bowling….SO exciting! Here are a few pictures…
Thank you so much for all the support we had for Kids Heart Challenge! We surpassed our goals of raising money for American Heart Association and getting half our school to register online. We raised $11,404.00 and our goal was $9,300.00. We had 311 students register and our goal was 283. That is amazing!!! So not only did we help out a great cause, we also earned some PE equipment for our school! Thanks for being willing to do it all online too, we can not begin to tell how much time that saved us.
We are still in the process of handing out thank you gifts, so hopefully by next week we will complete giving all the key chains and wristbands. Please note prizes like jump ropes, t-shirts and playground balls etc. will be ordered next week from American Heart Association and then they will send them to us, after spring break.
Thanks again, we appreciate it!
Mrs. Nienhuis and Mrs. VanKoevering
We want to give a shout out to one of our specialist teammates….Mrs. Totten!!! She is our Steam teacher at Georgetown and is receiving an award. Check out this link…